Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Get an exclusive view inside four famous Chicago pizzerias on this 3.5-hour tour and enjoy delicious slices at each! With your small group by mini-coach, go beyond the well-known pizza shops and dive into the neighborhoods where the true locals eat. Because of your guide's relationship with the chefs, you’ll get an inside look at the kitchens and witness the pizza-making process at certain locations.
Not only will you try the famed Chicago-style (deep-dish) pizza, but you'll also sample tavern-style (thin-crust) and Neapolitan (coal oven) pizza, too!
Get an in-depth look at the Chicago food culture as your mini-coach takes you to each stop on this pizza tour ! With your local guide, dive into four Chicago neighborhoods, possibly including the Lincoln Park, Ravenswood, and West Town, and sample Chicago's famed pizza. Enjoy deep-dish and tavern-style (thin-crust) pizza, as well as Neapolitan pizza, which is wood burned and traditionally made with mozzarella and tomato.
Not only will you get a full slice of pizza at each place, but you’ll also get a behind-the-scenes look at the kitchens where all the magic happens! Listen to the chefs as they describe the passion and craftsmanship that goes into every pizza. In between tastings, your guide will tell you interesting facts about pizza making in the great city of Chicago.
You’ll visit four of the following top Chicago pizzerias:
- Pizano's Pizza and Pasta - traditional deep-dish pizza
- Coalfire - the first coal oven pizza joint in Chicago
- Spacca Napoli Pizzeria - Verace Pizza Napoletana (VPN)-certified Neapolitan pizza
- redFLAME Pizzeria - the only grilled pizza in Chicago!
- Italian Fiesta Pizzeria- Obama's favorite home-town pizza
- Pequod's Pizza – deep-dish pan pizza
- Apart Pizza - Northern Italian-inspired artisanal pizza
- Flo & Santos - South Side tavern-style pizza
- Gino's East – deep-dish pizza with cornmeal crust